Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration, it comes in your Windows computer because it couldn’t get a valid IP address from your DHCP server, for example, the switch, modem or wireless router. By default, your network connection will collect details, such as subnet mask, default gateway, or DNS server, IP Address automatically.
However, because of some unknown facts, your Ethernet connection can’t obtain all the essential details as I mentioned above. As a result, all the networks on your computer can’t reach and go through the DHCP server. Therefore, you might confront some annoying issues, such as no internet access or limited connectivity.
4 Ways to Fix the Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Error
- Update or Reinstall Network Adapter Drivers
- Reset TCP/IP Settings
- Check and Adjust Network Adapter Settings
- Turn Off Fast Startup
So without wasting time let’s see How to Fix Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Error Through These 4 Ways:
Update or Reinstall Network Adapter Drivers
Many times, it happened that some users and counted this issue soon after they updated their driver. Thus, it can also be a cause behind enabler t of Ethernet to connect your system with the internet.
- At first, go to your Windows Explorer.
- Then, right-click on This PC and select properties.
- Now, select the device manager on the left.
- After that, open the network adaptors list by clicking on the arrow next to it.
- Next, select the network adaptor you want to uninstall and right-click on it to expand the options and then select uninstall the device.
- Then, press, OK.
- Finally, click on Action and select scan for Hardware changes options. This will reset you all drivers to the default version. Now restart your PC and check out whether the Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration issue has resolved or not.
Reset TCP/IP Settings
You can also try to reset TCP/IP settings to solve Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error or other issues related to an Internet connection, IP, and DNS.
- You can press Windows + R to open the Run box, type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open run Windows Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type the following command and hit Enter to reset the Winsock protocol on your Windows 10 computer.
netsh Winsock reset
- Enter the command lines below and hit Enter after typing each command to reset TCP/IP settings.
netsh int TCP reset
netsh int IP reset
Close Command Prompt and restart your computer to check out if Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error has been solved, if not, try other ways in this post.
Check and Adjust Network Adapter Settings
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl, and press Enter. Right-click your Ethernet network connection and choose Properties.
- Then you can select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and click Properties.
- Make sure Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically options are checked.
- If checking the two options above doesn’t fix the Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error, you can tick Use the following IP address and Use the following DNS server addresses and enter the data like below.
IP address: 192.168.1.15
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52
Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
Turn Off Fast Startup
- Open Control Panel Windows 10. You can click Start and type control panel, or press Windows + R and type control panel to quickly open it.
- Click Hardware and Sound -> Power Options in Control Panel window. Then you can click Choose what the power button does in the left column. And select Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended), and click the Save changes button.
Then you can reboot your computer to see if Ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration Windows error will disappear.
In case the errors still persist, later you can try these basic tricks like restarting any modem or routers, you can also try by unplugging and plugging back your connection cables to ensure proper arrangements and right connections. Otherwise, the last hope is to change your Network Interface Card.
If you have lost your Wi-Fi Password the Read Our Guide to Recover: How to Recover Lost Wi-Fi Password Without Root