Welcome to the Techvictoria guide for How to Report Someone on Discord. Discord is an unbelievable way to interact via voice and text chat with your gaming friends for free but occasionally someone says something in the chat that violates the discord guidelines. Depending on the severity of the message, you may go to report the user directly to Discord so disciplinary action can be taken. However, it’s not as simple as it may appear at first glance.
The vast superiority of Discord users is calm, sensible, and just wants to hang out, have a chat, and discuss ideas and their hobbies. You will always get one or two that want to destroy it for everyone but those are thankfully rare on most servers. When it happens, other people will shut them down or the channel admin will step in. On those rare occasions when that doesn’t happen, it’s up to that admin to take it further.
How to Report Someone on Discord?
On a computer
Before you can get the information you need, you’ll have to turn on Developer Mode.
1. Open the Discord on your Mac or PC and log into your account, if necessary.
2. At the bottom of the window near to your username, select the gear icon.
3. Click “Appearance” in the left sidebar.
4. Scroll down and toggle on “Developer Mode.”
Next, you need to get the user ID of the person you want to report.
To do this, simply right-click their username and select “Copy ID.” This will copy a string of numbers to your computer’s clipboard — paste it into somewhere you’ll be able to access easily later on.
Finally, if there’s a specific message you want to report, you need to get the message link. For that, go to the message you want to report and click the three dots that appear when you hover over the message. Now, select “Copy Link.” Paste this somewhere safe as well.
Once you have the necessary information, you can send it to Discord’s Trust and Safety Team. You’ll need to give your email address and paste the two IDs you got before into the “Description” box. Be sure to give more context to your report as well by describing what fact you think was broken.
Once you press “Submit,” the report will be sent to Discord. They’ll send you an email if they want to reply to your report.
On a mobile device
Again, you first need to turn on Developer Mode.
1. Open the Discord app on your iPhone or Android device and go into your user settings by tapping the gear or profile picture icon located next to your username in the side menu.
2. If you’re using an iPhone, tap “Appearance” and then “Advanced.” If you’re using an Android device, scroll down to “App Settings” and tap “Behavior.”
3. Turn on Developer Mode by toggling that option to the “on” position.
1. Open the user’s profile by tapping on their icon.
2. Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen and then select “Copy ID.”
3. Once you’ve done this, paste this ID somewhere else where it’ll be safe to copy again later.
To get the message link, go to the message and then tap and hold on it. On an iPhone, select “Copy Message Link.” On an Android phone, select “Share” and then “Copy to clipboard.”
After that, You’ll then be able to send that information to the Trust and Safety team at Discord for evaluation. When you have done this, paste the two IDs into the “Description” box, and provide some more context for your report.
Q: Can u report people on discord?
Q: Is reporting on discord anonymous?
Q: How do you ban someone on discord?
- Select the server that hosts the channel. All the Servers are listed along the left side of the screen.
- Select a channel. Channels appear in the main panel. …
- Click the user you want to ban. A pop-up menu will appear.
- Click Ban (username). A pop-up message will appear.
- Click Ban to confirm.
Q: Is BetterDiscord illegal?
Q: How long is a discord ban?
Discord is generally a great place to be and aside from the usual banter, it is a +ive place for like-minded people to hang out. If your channel does suffer from toxicity or a generally annoying user, you have the required tools to manage it. Don’t be afraid to use those tools for the good of your channel!