Tumblr has been around since 2007 and has pretty much been on the liberal side when it’s About content users provided. However, the platform recently announced war on all sensitive, violent, and NSFW content. Along with thousands of blogs and posts, the Safe Mode toggle button departs from Tumblr.
“Computers are better than humans at scaling process—and we need them for that—but they’re not as good at making nuanced, contextual decisions,” Tumblr notes. “This is an evolving process for all of us, and we’re committed to getting this right. That’s why we will always notify you if your content has been flagged as an adult so that you have the opportunity to review it and take any additional action that may be needed.”
What is Tumblr Safe Mode?
Like we mentioned here above, Tumblr goes into the safe mode when it detects that the page you want to access contains any sensitive data. Tumblr would throw an error that demands that This Tumblr may contain sensitive media. Go to my dashboard.
The Tumblr account comes with the Safe Mode turned on by default. This is true of all the accounts irrespective of age and location of the account holder.
FOR ANDROID PHONE
Here you will know, how to turn off Tumblr Safe mode on Android:
- Just like you would cast any application on your device, launch Tumblr.
- At the right corner, just in the bottom, choose the humanoid symbol.
- At this point, you need to tap on the Gear icon in order to get to the Accounts menu. It is just at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- At the top of the menu, select ‘General Settings’.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Filtering’.
- The field for Safe Mode will be shown now. To know if the Safe Mode is on, discover a blue button beside it. Simply select this button in order to turn off the Safe Mode feature. That’s all.
By now, you are free to explore those NSFW content on Tumblr. Have fun with it!
FOR IPHONE OR IPAD
This one is quite different. You will need to turn off the Safe Mode from the app for setting iOS – instead of doing it from the Tumblr application. Follow the steps below to turn off/bypass Tumblr Safe mode on iPhone or iPad:
- From the Home screen, open your Settings application. Scroll down and select Tumblr.
- Select the Safe Mode while you are still in the Tumblr Settings.
- For you to turn the Safe Mode off, just tap ‘Don’t Hide Anything’.
HOW TO TURN OFF SAFE MODE ON YOUR DESKTOP?
If you desire to use Tumblr with your desktop browser, just visit the site URL and log in. Then follow the steps below to turn off Tumblr Safe Mode on the computer:
- After you log-in into your Tumblr account, click on an icon with a human figure – located just at the upper-right corner of the dashboard.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the menu, after a dropdown.
- Find a field that is marked ‘Filtering’. It has a button next to it, ‘Safe Search’. Just Press on it in order to turn off the ‘Safe Search’. That’s it.
TUMBLR SAFE MODE OFF WITHOUT ACCOUNT
If you don’t have an account or you’re reluctant to log in, you can use one of the third-party apps to browse Tumblr without being hindered by Safe Mode. Tumbex is a great solution. It has a simple interface and is pretty easy to use. Follow these steps to find flagged blogs on Tumblr:
Read Out Our Step by Step Guide: How to Tumblr Safe Mode Off Without Account – Step By Step Guide
- Launch your browser and go to https://tumbex.com.
- Enter the name of the post you want to find into the upper of the two search boxes and hit Search.
- If there are any posts, Tumbex will inform you that they exist but will hide them.
- Click on the Save Search toggle switch.
- Choose the type of content you want to see and hit the reload button.
- If you’re looking for a blog, try the lower of the two search bars.
- Go back to the Tumbex home page.
- Type the name of the blog you’d like to see into the lower search box.
- Press Enter or click the Go button.
- If the blog still appeared, Tumbex will display it fully.
Experiencing restrictions while surfing the internet can be frustrating sometimes. Some Contraction is understandable, the likes of viewing NSFW content which is not for just anyone. With the choices to turn off or turn on the ‘Safe Mode’, Tumblr has done enough to suit the taste of different users.
Also, you can try out any of the websites discussed above to view every blog on Tumblr easily. They offer simple and cool navigation. Now, go have fun on Tumblr, with no Issues.
Read More: How to Fix err_spdy_protocol_error in Chrome