Having the Activate Windows 10 watermark in the corner of your desktop? While it’s a minor annoyance, it can sometimes appear even if you’ve activated Windows properly. And this annoyance can get in the way of what you’re working on.
You may not know, the registry is like the heart of a Windows system. Honestly, any changes in the registry are very risky and not recommend. There is a better way that is to activate your Windows using a 180-day trial license. In this post today, I will show you.
Remove Activate Windows Watermark
With an easy notepad trick, you can easily remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark from your desktop. Let’s see how to do it. First, open notepad in your PC You can do this by click on start menu search type notepad and hit the enter key. Now on notepad type below commands :
taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
Now in the notepad go to file and click “Save as”. Here select the location where you want to save the file. Then Change the save as type to All Files (*.*) and Give the file name as “ remove.bat”
save the file with .bat extetion
after First paragraph ezoic
Now open the file location where you saved. You will see a file as shown below image. Press the right button on the remove.bat file and click on “Run as administrator”
run remove.bat file
A command prompt will be opened and closed itself, Now restart your laptop or desktop. That’s all there is no more “activate windows go to settings to activate windows” on your Desktop.
Watermark Manual Removal
You should edit the registry to remove the activate watermark from Windows 10. To do this process, go through the steps given below:
· Firstly, you need to press Windows + R key to open the Run box in your system.
· Then type regedit in the address bar of the Run box and hit enter.
· Then expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
· Now, click on the PaintDesktopVersion option.
· After that, enter the value 0 in the Value data field and click on the Ok button to save changes.
· Now, restart your system.
Windows 10 Watermark FAQ’s
Q: How do I fix activate Windows watermark?
Q: How do I get rid of the Activate Windows 10 watermark?
- Click Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Type regedit into the Run box and press Enter button.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
- Double-click on PaintDesktopVersion.
- Change its value from 1 to 0.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Quit Registry.
Q: Why do I have an activate Windows watermark?
Q: How do I get rid of Activate Windows watermark without a product key?
Q: How do I get rid of Activate Windows Watermark permanently?
A: How you can get rid…
- Open Windows registry editor by Press Windows + R, type regedit, and press the enter key.
- Then expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
- Hit Double click on the value “PaintDesktopVersion” in the right-side window.
If your Windows’ license is invalided, you will see a watermark of Activate Windows go to Settings to activate Windows every time after you boot your PC. Do you want to get rid of Activate Windows 10 watermark? Do you know how to do this job? Now, MiniTool Software will show you two available solutions.